Govt not taking steps to avoid rail mishaps: Jaganmohan Reddy
Ananthpur: YSR Congress President Jaganmohan Reddy today blamed the Central government for not taking appropriate measures to avoid railway mishaps such as the Bangalore-Nanded train fire tragedy that claimed 26 lives.
Whenever accidents take place, government constitutes a commission and grants ex-gratia to the relatives of the dead, without putting into practice suggestions made in the report, he told reporters at the Sathya Sai Prashantinilayam railway station.
"I ask this government and the Railway Minister (that) why ain`t the commission reports coming forth? What (remedial) action has it taken," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway