Govt not taking steps to avoid rail mishaps: Jaganmohan Reddy
Ananthpur: YSR Congress President Jaganmohan Reddy today blamed the Central government for not taking appropriate measures to avoid railway mishaps such as the Bangalore-Nanded train fire tragedy that claimed 26 lives.
Whenever accidents take place, government constitutes a commission and grants ex-gratia to the relatives of the dead, without putting into practice suggestions made in the report, he told reporters at the Sathya Sai Prashantinilayam railway station.
"I ask this government and the Railway Minister (that) why ain`t the commission reports coming forth? What (remedial) action has it taken," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened