Greyhounds force inspector killed by Maoists cremated in Andhra Pradesh
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh anti-Maoist force Greyhounds reserve inspector K Vara Prasad Babu, who was captured and killed by Maoists, was cremated with full police honour at his native place Martoor in the district on Sunday.
The Maoists executed him after he lost his way in Kancharla forests, while returning from Tuesday`s encounter in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh in which 10 of rebels were killed.
The 33-year-old`s body reached Anakapalle mandal this morning in a special vehicle from Bhadrachalam in Khammam district and was taken in a procession to Martoor and finally to the cremation ground.
Locals of Anakapalle and Martoor, as well as police officials took part in the funeral procession.
His body was cremated with police honours and the last rites were performed by his father Venkata Somi Naidu.
Deputy Inspector General of Police of Visakha Range Swati Lakra, District Superintendent of Police G Srinivas and many other police officials attended the funeral.
Earlier, people from all walks of life went to his house at Martoor and paid their last respects.
A pall of gloom descended on Martoor as his body was consigned to flames.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal