HC vacates stay on land deal probe involving former AP CM
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh High Court on Monday vacated the stay it had given on investigation by the
Anti-Corruption Bureau into the alleged involvement of former
Chief Minister K Rosaiah in a land de-notification case.
However, Justice Raja Elango directed the ACB to not
make any arrests.
On December 27, a local court hearing a petition
challenging the then Rosaiah-led government`s decision to
de-notify nine acres of land in prime Ameerpet area had
directed the ACB to enquire and submit a report on the issue
before January 28. The petition was filed by one advocate,
The land in question was acquired by the state
sometime ago from certain land owners for constructing
According to Mohanlal, the land was bought by Dr G N
Naidu and 14 others from the land owners in 1997 after the
land acquisition notification was issued.
However in 2010, following representation from Naidu,
the state government withdrew the notification and handed over
the land to the private parties in an unlawful manner, he said
in his complaint to the ACB court.
According to the petitioner, the present value of the
land would be over Rs 200 crore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India