HC vacates stay on land deal probe involving former AP CM
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh High Court on Monday vacated the stay it had given on investigation by the
Anti-Corruption Bureau into the alleged involvement of former
Chief Minister K Rosaiah in a land de-notification case.
However, Justice Raja Elango directed the ACB to not
make any arrests.
On December 27, a local court hearing a petition
challenging the then Rosaiah-led government`s decision to
de-notify nine acres of land in prime Ameerpet area had
directed the ACB to enquire and submit a report on the issue
before January 28. The petition was filed by one advocate,
The land in question was acquired by the state
sometime ago from certain land owners for constructing
According to Mohanlal, the land was bought by Dr G N
Naidu and 14 others from the land owners in 1997 after the
land acquisition notification was issued.
However in 2010, following representation from Naidu,
the state government withdrew the notification and handed over
the land to the private parties in an unlawful manner, he said
in his complaint to the ACB court.
According to the petitioner, the present value of the
land would be over Rs 200 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM