HC vacates stay on land deal probe involving former AP CM
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh High Court on Monday vacated the stay it had given on investigation by the
Anti-Corruption Bureau into the alleged involvement of former
Chief Minister K Rosaiah in a land de-notification case.
However, Justice Raja Elango directed the ACB to not
make any arrests.
On December 27, a local court hearing a petition
challenging the then Rosaiah-led government`s decision to
de-notify nine acres of land in prime Ameerpet area had
directed the ACB to enquire and submit a report on the issue
before January 28. The petition was filed by one advocate,
The land in question was acquired by the state
sometime ago from certain land owners for constructing
According to Mohanlal, the land was bought by Dr G N
Naidu and 14 others from the land owners in 1997 after the
land acquisition notification was issued.
However in 2010, following representation from Naidu,
the state government withdrew the notification and handed over
the land to the private parties in an unlawful manner, he said
in his complaint to the ACB court.
According to the petitioner, the present value of the
land would be over Rs 200 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!