Hyd must remain integral part of Telangana: KCR
Hyderabad: Asserting that Hyderabad
should remain an integral part of Telangana, TRS president K
Chandrasekhar Rao on Monday demanded that the separate state be
carved out as it had existed prior to the formation of Andhra
"We want Telangana that existed as on October 31,
1956," he said while addressing a meeting in Adilabad district
where TDP MLA Jogu Ramanna joined TRS.
On 1 November 1956, the States Reorganisation Act
formed Andhra Pradesh by merging Telugu-speaking areas of
Hyderabad State (Telangana) and the already existing Andhra
The TRS president condemned the reported remarks of
CM N Kiran Kumar Reddy that some anti-social
elements have crept into the separate Telagana agitation.
Meanwhile, Telangana supporters continued the `sakala
janula samme` (strike by all sections of people), which began
on September 13, resorting to various forms of protest.
The Telangana supporters held rallies, sit-ins and
various other forms of protest across the region.
Meanwhile, several parents of students in Hyderabad
demanded that educational institutions be exempted from the
strike as the prolonged closure of schools and colleges would
affect the academic calendar of their wards.
Some parents here tried to reopen a college at
Kukatpally locality, however, a group of Telangana supporters
resisted their attempt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority