Illegal mining: Bail plea of Reddys dismissed
Hyderabad: In a jolt to the mining baron Reddy Brothers, a special court here, on Friday dismissed the bail plea of former Karnataka Minister Janardhana Reddy and OMC MD BV Srinivas Reddy in illegal mining case.
The court, however, also dismissed the CBI petition seeking custody of Janardhana Reddy and BV Srinivas Reddy.
Earlier on Thursday, CBI had told a special court that it wanted to further interrogate former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy and his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy, saying they did not cooperate during their earlier questioning.
As the case came up for hearing after repeated adjournments, CBI deputy legal advisor B Ravindranath had sought custody of Janardhana and Srinivas, who are in judicial remand till October 3, for nine more days.
He contended before the special CBI court that the agency wanted to probe details of foreign benami companies where Janardhana (a director of mining firm Obulapuram Mining Company) made and received investments by exporting iron ore.
The CBI, probing "illegal" mining and irregularities in allotment of mining leases to OMC, had arrested Janardhana and OMC MD Srinivas on September 5 from Bellary in Karnataka.
The prosecution submitted that during the six-day custodial interrogation of the accused (from September 13), both of them did not cooperate with CBI, which posed several questions related to the illegal mining activities.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says