Illegal mining: Bail plea of Reddys dismissed
Hyderabad: In a jolt to the mining baron Reddy Brothers, a special court here, on Friday dismissed the bail plea of former Karnataka Minister Janardhana Reddy and OMC MD BV Srinivas Reddy in illegal mining case.
The court, however, also dismissed the CBI petition seeking custody of Janardhana Reddy and BV Srinivas Reddy.
Earlier on Thursday, CBI had told a special court that it wanted to further interrogate former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhana Reddy and his brother-in-law B V Srinivas Reddy, saying they did not cooperate during their earlier questioning.
As the case came up for hearing after repeated adjournments, CBI deputy legal advisor B Ravindranath had sought custody of Janardhana and Srinivas, who are in judicial remand till October 3, for nine more days.
He contended before the special CBI court that the agency wanted to probe details of foreign benami companies where Janardhana (a director of mining firm Obulapuram Mining Company) made and received investments by exporting iron ore.
The CBI, probing "illegal" mining and irregularities in allotment of mining leases to OMC, had arrested Janardhana and OMC MD Srinivas on September 5 from Bellary in Karnataka.
The prosecution submitted that during the six-day custodial interrogation of the accused (from September 13), both of them did not cooperate with CBI, which posed several questions related to the illegal mining activities.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP