Jagan alleges conspiracy behind questioning
Hyderabad: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is questioning YSR Congress party leader YS Jaganmohan Reddy for the third consecutive day on Sunday in the disproportionate assets case.
The CBI had questioned Jagan on Friday and Saturday as well.
Jagan today said the questioning was aimed at preventing him from campaigning for the upcoming bypolls in the state and called it a conspiracy.
Jagan, as the MP from Kadapa is popularly known, told reporters yesterday that the CBI sought more clarifications from him and have asked him to come again on Sunday.
A tired-looking Jagan came out of Dilkusha Guest House, the CBI camp office, at 6 pm yesterday.
Contrary to earlier speculations, the CBI may not arrest Jagan at least till Monday, when he is scheduled to appear in the CBI court.
Jagan was grilled by the CBI officials for over seven hours both on Friday and Saturday.
Besides Jagan, the CBI also questioned former minister Mopidevi Venkataramana, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and bureaucrat KV Brahmananda Reddy.
The investigators believed to have questioned all the four accused individually as well as together.
The questioning is all about the Vadarevu and Nizamapatnam Ports and Industrial Corridor (Vanpic) project, promoted by Prasad and the government of Ras al Khaimah, a constituent of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The then government of Jagan`s father YS Rajasekhara Reddy had allotted over 15,000 acres of land in Guntur and Prakasam districts, and doled out other concessions to Vanpic allegedly in return for the investments Prasad made into Jagan`s companies, including the Sakshi media group.
Excise Minister Venkataramana was arrested on Thursday for his role in issuing government orders as the then minister for infrastructure and investments for allotting land and extending other concessions to Vanpic. He resigned as minister following his arrest.
Brahmananda Reddy was then special secretary, infrastructure and investments.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’