Jaganmohan Reddy cast ballot in Prez poll
Hyderabad: YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy, who is currently in jail, Thursday cast his vote in the Presidential election at the Assembly polling station here.
Lodged in the Chanchalguda prison here as an undertrial in a disproportionate assets case, Jagan was brought to the Assembly amidst tight security.
Jagan`s mother and Pulivendula MLA YS Vijaya, who was waiting for her son, accompanied him for casting the vote.
Earlier, former minister Mopidevi Venkata Ramana, Jagan`s jailmate in Chanchalguda in the same case, was also brought to the Assembly for casting his vote.
Both Jagan and Mopidevi were permitted by the CBI court, trying their case, to vote in the Presidential election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren