Jagan`s bail a big booster to his party`s morale
Hyderabad: The bail granted to YS Jaganmohan Reddy, jailed 16 months ago by CBI in the disproportionate assets case, comes as a big morale-booster for his YSR Congress party.
Jagan’s release from jail tomorrow will not only revive the fortunes of his party but also give a new thrust to politics in Andhra Pradesh at a time when the state has been boiling over the bifurcation issue.
He is sure to emerge as the undisputed leader in coastal Andhra-Rayalaseema regions in the prevailing political scenario as YSRC has already been espousing the cause of a unified state, observers say.
Despite a strong movement for a unified state, the Seemaandhra region has clearly been devoid of a leader and Jagan, political analysts believe, could now emerge as one.
Jagan, however, has to first deal with some internal issues related to YSRC.
By taking a pro-united AP stance, YSRC has been virtually reduced to a nothing in Telangana region.
Even in Seemaandhra, all is not well within the party with factionism ruling the roost in many districts.
Jagan’s absence for close to 16 months from the public domain has virtually left YSRC rudderless, though his mother Y S Vijaya and younger sister Sharmila sought to hold the party mantle firmly.
It may be a while before Jagan could actually go to the public in a big way as one of the bail conditions bars him from moving out of Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi