Jagan`s bail a big booster to his party`s morale
Hyderabad: The bail granted to YS Jaganmohan Reddy, jailed 16 months ago by CBI in the disproportionate assets case, comes as a big morale-booster for his YSR Congress party.
Jagan’s release from jail tomorrow will not only revive the fortunes of his party but also give a new thrust to politics in Andhra Pradesh at a time when the state has been boiling over the bifurcation issue.
He is sure to emerge as the undisputed leader in coastal Andhra-Rayalaseema regions in the prevailing political scenario as YSRC has already been espousing the cause of a unified state, observers say.
Despite a strong movement for a unified state, the Seemaandhra region has clearly been devoid of a leader and Jagan, political analysts believe, could now emerge as one.
Jagan, however, has to first deal with some internal issues related to YSRC.
By taking a pro-united AP stance, YSRC has been virtually reduced to a nothing in Telangana region.
Even in Seemaandhra, all is not well within the party with factionism ruling the roost in many districts.
Jagan’s absence for close to 16 months from the public domain has virtually left YSRC rudderless, though his mother Y S Vijaya and younger sister Sharmila sought to hold the party mantle firmly.
It may be a while before Jagan could actually go to the public in a big way as one of the bail conditions bars him from moving out of Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez