Jagan`s bail a big booster to his party`s morale
Hyderabad: The bail granted to YS Jaganmohan Reddy, jailed 16 months ago by CBI in the disproportionate assets case, comes as a big morale-booster for his YSR Congress party.
Jagan’s release from jail tomorrow will not only revive the fortunes of his party but also give a new thrust to politics in Andhra Pradesh at a time when the state has been boiling over the bifurcation issue.
He is sure to emerge as the undisputed leader in coastal Andhra-Rayalaseema regions in the prevailing political scenario as YSRC has already been espousing the cause of a unified state, observers say.
Despite a strong movement for a unified state, the Seemaandhra region has clearly been devoid of a leader and Jagan, political analysts believe, could now emerge as one.
Jagan, however, has to first deal with some internal issues related to YSRC.
By taking a pro-united AP stance, YSRC has been virtually reduced to a nothing in Telangana region.
Even in Seemaandhra, all is not well within the party with factionism ruling the roost in many districts.
Jagan’s absence for close to 16 months from the public domain has virtually left YSRC rudderless, though his mother Y S Vijaya and younger sister Sharmila sought to hold the party mantle firmly.
It may be a while before Jagan could actually go to the public in a big way as one of the bail conditions bars him from moving out of Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'