Jagan`s meeting with Vivekananda ends on acrimonious note
Kadapa (AP): A second round of meeting
late on Tuesday night to broker truce between Y S Jaganmohan Reddy and
his uncle Vivekananda Reddy ended on an acrimonious note as
the two reportedly came to near blows in the presence of other
family members at their residence in Pulivendula here.
This has ended all possible hopes of a patch up
between the two, informed sources said.
Vivekananda firmly rejected Jagan`s demand that he not
join Kiran Kumar Reddy`s Cabinet, slated to be constituted
This reportedly made Jagan lose his cool and hurl
expletives at his uncle even as family members, including
YSR`s widow Vijayalaxmi, remained dumbstruck.
Both Jagan and Vivekananda allegedly shouted at each
other at the top of their voices and nearly came to blows at
one point, informed sources said.
But Vijayalaxmi and other members intervened to ensure
the situation did not turn worse, the sources added.
Vivekananda then left the house in a huff and embarked
on his journey to Hyderabad.
He is expected to be sworn-in as a minister tomorrow.
Jagan also left for their family estate at Rajiv
Knowledge Valley (Idupulapaya), the sources said.
Earlier, Viveka was given a rousing reception when he
reached Pulivendula from Kadapa after announcing that he would
remain a loyal Congressman "till my last breath."
That he held more sway than Jagan in Pulivendula
became evident by the way he was received by the locals.
He had a brief meeting with Jagan at Idupulapaya in
the morning also but that too ended abruptly.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark