Jagan’s Tirumala temple visit creates storm
Tirumala: After disproportionate assets case, YSR Congress chief and Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy, who is a practicing Christian, has now landed in another controversy over his visit to Tirumala`s Balaji Temple.
Reports, Thursday, claimed that the young Kadapa MP paid a visit to the famous Balaji Temple on Wednesday without signing the formal declaration about his faith in God.
As per the rules of the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) trust, non-Hindus are required to sign a formal declaration about their faith in the God ahead of paying visit to the main deity- Lord Balaji.
Jagan did not sign the declaration of faith despite been asked by the temple authorities to do so, reports added.
Defending the Kadapa MP, his supporters claim that he had signed a declaration of faith during his prior visit to the temple in 2009, so it was not required of him to repeat the procedure again.
However, his critics claim that a declaration is to be signed every time a non-Hindu enters the temple for the darshan of the diety.
In support of their claim they claimed that other high-profile visitors` name who have completed the formalities and showed respect to the temple rules.
The matter came to the fore after Jagan Reddy visited the temple along with his party`s Tirupati candidate Bhumana Karunakara Reddy, who has in past served as the TTD chairperson, and 60 others.
Owing to Jagan Reddy’s status as a MP, he was allotted a VIP slot and allowed to for the deity’s darshan along with all his supporters.
Reacting to the matter, TTD Executive Officer LV Subramanyam told reporters that an inquiry has been ordered and it is being ascertained whether it is necessary to sign the declaration every time a person visits the temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab