Jagan’s Tirumala temple visit creates storm
Tirumala: After disproportionate assets case, YSR Congress chief and Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy, who is a practicing Christian, has now landed in another controversy over his visit to Tirumala`s Balaji Temple.
Reports, Thursday, claimed that the young Kadapa MP paid a visit to the famous Balaji Temple on Wednesday without signing the formal declaration about his faith in God.
As per the rules of the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) trust, non-Hindus are required to sign a formal declaration about their faith in the God ahead of paying visit to the main deity- Lord Balaji.
Jagan did not sign the declaration of faith despite been asked by the temple authorities to do so, reports added.
Defending the Kadapa MP, his supporters claim that he had signed a declaration of faith during his prior visit to the temple in 2009, so it was not required of him to repeat the procedure again.
However, his critics claim that a declaration is to be signed every time a non-Hindu enters the temple for the darshan of the diety.
In support of their claim they claimed that other high-profile visitors` name who have completed the formalities and showed respect to the temple rules.
The matter came to the fore after Jagan Reddy visited the temple along with his party`s Tirupati candidate Bhumana Karunakara Reddy, who has in past served as the TTD chairperson, and 60 others.
Owing to Jagan Reddy’s status as a MP, he was allotted a VIP slot and allowed to for the deity’s darshan along with all his supporters.
Reacting to the matter, TTD Executive Officer LV Subramanyam told reporters that an inquiry has been ordered and it is being ascertained whether it is necessary to sign the declaration every time a person visits the temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price