Journalist Syed Majeed-ul-Hassan Jaffri passes away
Hyderabad: Noted journalist Syed Majeed-Ul-Hassan Jaffri (60) died at Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Thursdayday following cardiac arrest, family sources said.
Jaffri had worked with many prominent newspapers, including Business Standard and The Telegraph and the Asian Age.
He was currently working for a publication house in Jeddah.
Jaffri was the elder brother of well known journalist Syed Amin-Ul-Jaffri, who worked with Deccan Chronicle and is presently a MLC.
His body would be brought to Hyderabad from Jeddah in next 2-3 days, Amin Jaffri said.
Jaffri is survived by his wife, a son and three daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir