Journalist Syed Majeed-ul-Hassan Jaffri passes away
Hyderabad: Noted journalist Syed Majeed-Ul-Hassan Jaffri (60) died at Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Thursdayday following cardiac arrest, family sources said.
Jaffri had worked with many prominent newspapers, including Business Standard and The Telegraph and the Asian Age.
He was currently working for a publication house in Jeddah.
Jaffri was the elder brother of well known journalist Syed Amin-Ul-Jaffri, who worked with Deccan Chronicle and is presently a MLC.
His body would be brought to Hyderabad from Jeddah in next 2-3 days, Amin Jaffri said.
Jaffri is survived by his wife, a son and three daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman
- Finally! Ringing Bells ready with two lakh Freedom 251 phones: Mohit Goel