Kiran asks Central leaders to take unified stand on Telangana
Hyderabad: Taking strong exception to "conflicting statements" being made by the Central leaders over the state bifurcation issue, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Friday called AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh and questioned him on what procedure was being exactly followed in the matter.
"You are making one statement and (Union Home Minister) Shinde is coming out with different statements. These statements are only creating serious apprehensions among people of the state," Kiran reportedly told Digvijay over phone.
"How will you create confidence among people of different regions of the state on the bifurcation if you make such contradicting statements You better speak in one voice with one opinion," he added.
A release issued through the Congress Legislature Party quoted the Chief Minister as telling the AICC general secretary, in charge of AP affairs, that such "conflicting statements" on a critical issue were "not good for people" of the two regions (of the state).
"You told me clearly that a resolution on the state division will be sent to the Assembly twice and wanted me to convey the same to the people as your voice.
During talks with striking government officers and employees (of Seemaandhra), I clearly assured them that the `resolution` will come to the Assembly twice, based on your word. But Home Minister Shinde made a contradictory statement that only the draft Bill will be sent to the Assembly, that too for eliciting views," Kiran Kumar pointed out.
The Chief Minister also referred to Shinde’s statement that the Centre was going ahead with the state division process expeditiously.
"This is a critical issue linked to the future of the coming generations of two regions. It’s not good for you to make conflicting statements on this. In fact, what is the procedure (for bifurcation) you are following," Kiran questioned Digvijay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report