Kiran seeks appointment with PM on water tribunal`s award
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Friday requested Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to grant an appointment on December 19 or 20 so that he could represent the state`s case against the recent Krishna Water Disputes Tribunal Award on sharing of Krishna water.
"I will lead an all-party delegation on the issue. Please give time on 19 or 20 as per your convenience," the Chief Minister requested in a letter to the Prime Minister today.
"There is an uproar among the farming community and also political parties that the tribunal`s award will adversely affect the agrarian scenario in the state," the Chief Minister said in the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt