Kiran seeks appointment with PM on water tribunal`s award
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Friday requested Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to grant an appointment on December 19 or 20 so that he could represent the state`s case against the recent Krishna Water Disputes Tribunal Award on sharing of Krishna water.
"I will lead an all-party delegation on the issue. Please give time on 19 or 20 as per your convenience," the Chief Minister requested in a letter to the Prime Minister today.
"There is an uproar among the farming community and also political parties that the tribunal`s award will adversely affect the agrarian scenario in the state," the Chief Minister said in the letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan