Lok Satta party welcomes decision to impose Prez rule in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Following Union Cabinet`s approval on Friday to impose President`s rule in Andhra Pradesh, the Lok Satta Party welcomed the move saying it would help restore amity and goodwill between people of Telangana and Seemandhra regions.
"There is no alternative to President`s rule in the murky circumstances prevailing in Andhra Pradesh," Lok Satta Party national president Jayaprakash Narayan here said.
"Amity and goodwill will be restored between people of the two states ? Telangana and residual state of Andhra Pradesh -- at least under the President rule. Steps should be taken to restore governance, ensure a bright future for the people of the two states, and help them get over the nightmare they have gone through," he said.
A week after Kiran Kumar Reddy resigned as Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, the Centre decided to impose President`s Rule in the state while announcing a few sops for the Seemandhra region which has been opposing creation of Telangana state.
"The government had ceased to exist in the state since the last two years, with ministers squabbling among themselves forgetting their collective responsibility and the legislature becoming dysfunctional for the last four years," Narayan added.
He alleged that the Central leadership, which has derailed the economy and is steeped in corruption, has succeeded merely in destabilising Andhra Pradesh.
The decision to impose the President`s Rule in Andhra Pradesh was necessitated by Reddy`s resignation as the Chief Minister on February 19 as he was opposed to division of the state to carve out Telangana.
The Union Cabinet also decided to place under suspended animation the Andhra Pradesh Assembly whose term is slated to end on June two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL