Lok Satta party welcomes decision to impose Prez rule in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Following Union Cabinet`s approval on Friday to impose President`s rule in Andhra Pradesh, the Lok Satta Party welcomed the move saying it would help restore amity and goodwill between people of Telangana and Seemandhra regions.
"There is no alternative to President`s rule in the murky circumstances prevailing in Andhra Pradesh," Lok Satta Party national president Jayaprakash Narayan here said.
"Amity and goodwill will be restored between people of the two states ? Telangana and residual state of Andhra Pradesh -- at least under the President rule. Steps should be taken to restore governance, ensure a bright future for the people of the two states, and help them get over the nightmare they have gone through," he said.
A week after Kiran Kumar Reddy resigned as Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, the Centre decided to impose President`s Rule in the state while announcing a few sops for the Seemandhra region which has been opposing creation of Telangana state.
"The government had ceased to exist in the state since the last two years, with ministers squabbling among themselves forgetting their collective responsibility and the legislature becoming dysfunctional for the last four years," Narayan added.
He alleged that the Central leadership, which has derailed the economy and is steeped in corruption, has succeeded merely in destabilising Andhra Pradesh.
The decision to impose the President`s Rule in Andhra Pradesh was necessitated by Reddy`s resignation as the Chief Minister on February 19 as he was opposed to division of the state to carve out Telangana.
The Union Cabinet also decided to place under suspended animation the Andhra Pradesh Assembly whose term is slated to end on June two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'