Lok Satta party welcomes decision to impose Prez rule in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Following Union Cabinet`s approval on Friday to impose President`s rule in Andhra Pradesh, the Lok Satta Party welcomed the move saying it would help restore amity and goodwill between people of Telangana and Seemandhra regions.
"There is no alternative to President`s rule in the murky circumstances prevailing in Andhra Pradesh," Lok Satta Party national president Jayaprakash Narayan here said.
"Amity and goodwill will be restored between people of the two states ? Telangana and residual state of Andhra Pradesh -- at least under the President rule. Steps should be taken to restore governance, ensure a bright future for the people of the two states, and help them get over the nightmare they have gone through," he said.
A week after Kiran Kumar Reddy resigned as Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, the Centre decided to impose President`s Rule in the state while announcing a few sops for the Seemandhra region which has been opposing creation of Telangana state.
"The government had ceased to exist in the state since the last two years, with ministers squabbling among themselves forgetting their collective responsibility and the legislature becoming dysfunctional for the last four years," Narayan added.
He alleged that the Central leadership, which has derailed the economy and is steeped in corruption, has succeeded merely in destabilising Andhra Pradesh.
The decision to impose the President`s Rule in Andhra Pradesh was necessitated by Reddy`s resignation as the Chief Minister on February 19 as he was opposed to division of the state to carve out Telangana.
The Union Cabinet also decided to place under suspended animation the Andhra Pradesh Assembly whose term is slated to end on June two.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged