Man gets death sentence for killing wife
Rajahmundry (AP): A local court has awarded the death sentence to a man for murdering his wife in Allavaram mandal of East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh.
Second Additional Sessions Judge of Amalapuram court B David Raju awarded the death sentence to 35-year-old K Veerabhadra Rao last evening for killing his wife Seethamahalakshmi in February of 2010.
According to police, the convict, who hails from Gopayalanka in Allavaram mandal, had beaten his wife severely before stabbing her to death.
He had surrendered before the police after committing the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!