Man gets death sentence for killing wife
Rajahmundry (AP): A local court has awarded the death sentence to a man for murdering his wife in Allavaram mandal of East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh.
Second Additional Sessions Judge of Amalapuram court B David Raju awarded the death sentence to 35-year-old K Veerabhadra Rao last evening for killing his wife Seethamahalakshmi in February of 2010.
According to police, the convict, who hails from Gopayalanka in Allavaram mandal, had beaten his wife severely before stabbing her to death.
He had surrendered before the police after committing the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing