Man gets death sentence for killing wife
Rajahmundry (AP): A local court has awarded the death sentence to a man for murdering his wife in Allavaram mandal of East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh.
Second Additional Sessions Judge of Amalapuram court B David Raju awarded the death sentence to 35-year-old K Veerabhadra Rao last evening for killing his wife Seethamahalakshmi in February of 2010.
According to police, the convict, who hails from Gopayalanka in Allavaram mandal, had beaten his wife severely before stabbing her to death.
He had surrendered before the police after committing the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire