Man gets death sentence for killing wife
Rajahmundry (AP): A local court has awarded the death sentence to a man for murdering his wife in Allavaram mandal of East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh.
Second Additional Sessions Judge of Amalapuram court B David Raju awarded the death sentence to 35-year-old K Veerabhadra Rao last evening for killing his wife Seethamahalakshmi in February of 2010.
According to police, the convict, who hails from Gopayalanka in Allavaram mandal, had beaten his wife severely before stabbing her to death.
He had surrendered before the police after committing the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon