Maoist leader Azad cremated in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: The body of top Maoist leader
Cherukuri Rajkumar alias Azad, who was killed in an encounter
with Andhra Pradesh Police on Friday last, was cremated here
The cremation, that took place at the Punjagutta
crematorium, was attended by his family members and a large
number of people including Maoist sympathisers and
revolutionary poets-Varavara Rao and Kalyan Rao.
The body was earlier brought here after conducting a
post-mortem at a government hospital at Mancherial in Adilabad
Azad, a senior member of CPI (Maoist) Central
Committee as well as its spokesman, was killed along with
another suspected Naxalite on July 2 in an encounter in
Adilabad district on Friday last.
Azad, who was involved in several sensational attacks
in Andhra Pradesh, carried a reward of Rs 12 lakh on his head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing