MIM leader Akbar Owaisi remains critical
Hyderabad: The condition of Andhra Pradesh legislator and Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader Akbaruddin Owaisi remained critical on Sunday, a day after he was stabbed and shot at by his rivals, doctors attending on him said.
According to the medical bulletin issued by Care Hospital here, the legislator has suffered kidney failure and is on ventilator to support his respiratory function.
The doctors said they were continuing dialysis due to acute kidney failure cause by the injuries. The second intra abdominal surgery will be performed later Sunday, the bulletin said.
The MIM leader suffered injuries to his left kidney, urinary bladder, upper portion of large intestine and upper limb.
Owaisi was shifted to Care Hospital on Saturday night from Owaisi Hospital, where he was admitted soon after the assassination attempt.
The first intra-abdominal surgery was performed on him at Owaisi Hospital.
Earlier, Akbaruddin`s elder brother and MIM president Asaduddin Owaisi termed his condition as "very critical" and appealed to people to pray for his recovery.
The MP said Akbaruddin received two bullets and stab injuries to his left hand.
Former chief minister K Rosaiah, YSR Congress party president YS Jaganmohan Reddy and state minister Shankar Rao visited the hospital.
Akbar was stabbed and shot at by his rivals when he was visiting his Assembly constituency Chandrayangutta in the old city.
Security guards of another MIM legislator Ahmed Balala returned fire, killing one attacker and injuring two others.
Police have arrested Mohammed Pehlwan, suspected to be the mastermind behind the attack. He had a long running dispute with the legislator over a piece of land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway