Mother poisons 3 daughters, commits suicide
Tirupati: A 35-year-old woman allegedly
committed suicide after giving milk laced with pesticide to
her three daughters, including a five-month-old infant, near
here on Tuesday, police said.
The family, hailing from Ambattur in Chennai, had arrived
last evening and checked into a cottage of Tirumala Tirupati
Devasthanam administering the Lord Venkateswara shrine.
According to police, Krishnaveni made her daughters --
Sukaveni (11), Sneha (7) and the infant -- consume milk mixed
with pesticide and later she too drank it this morning.
The incident came to light when Sneha, unable to bear the
pain in her throat and stomach, rushed out of the room and
cried for help. A TTD employee on duty alerted the police.
By the time police arrived, the woman and her eldest
daughter were dead. The infant and Sneha died in hospital.
Police traced the woman`s relatives with the help of a
mobile phone found in the cottage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31