Mother poisons 3 daughters, commits suicide
Tirupati: A 35-year-old woman allegedly
committed suicide after giving milk laced with pesticide to
her three daughters, including a five-month-old infant, near
here on Tuesday, police said.
The family, hailing from Ambattur in Chennai, had arrived
last evening and checked into a cottage of Tirumala Tirupati
Devasthanam administering the Lord Venkateswara shrine.
According to police, Krishnaveni made her daughters --
Sukaveni (11), Sneha (7) and the infant -- consume milk mixed
with pesticide and later she too drank it this morning.
The incident came to light when Sneha, unable to bear the
pain in her throat and stomach, rushed out of the room and
cried for help. A TTD employee on duty alerted the police.
By the time police arrived, the woman and her eldest
daughter were dead. The infant and Sneha died in hospital.
Police traced the woman`s relatives with the help of a
mobile phone found in the cottage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi