Mother poisons 3 daughters, commits suicide
Tirupati: A 35-year-old woman allegedly
committed suicide after giving milk laced with pesticide to
her three daughters, including a five-month-old infant, near
here on Tuesday, police said.
The family, hailing from Ambattur in Chennai, had arrived
last evening and checked into a cottage of Tirumala Tirupati
Devasthanam administering the Lord Venkateswara shrine.
According to police, Krishnaveni made her daughters --
Sukaveni (11), Sneha (7) and the infant -- consume milk mixed
with pesticide and later she too drank it this morning.
The incident came to light when Sneha, unable to bear the
pain in her throat and stomach, rushed out of the room and
cried for help. A TTD employee on duty alerted the police.
By the time police arrived, the woman and her eldest
daughter were dead. The infant and Sneha died in hospital.
Police traced the woman`s relatives with the help of a
mobile phone found in the cottage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon