Mother poisons 3 daughters, commits suicide
Tirupati: A 35-year-old woman allegedly
committed suicide after giving milk laced with pesticide to
her three daughters, including a five-month-old infant, near
here on Tuesday, police said.
The family, hailing from Ambattur in Chennai, had arrived
last evening and checked into a cottage of Tirumala Tirupati
Devasthanam administering the Lord Venkateswara shrine.
According to police, Krishnaveni made her daughters --
Sukaveni (11), Sneha (7) and the infant -- consume milk mixed
with pesticide and later she too drank it this morning.
The incident came to light when Sneha, unable to bear the
pain in her throat and stomach, rushed out of the room and
cried for help. A TTD employee on duty alerted the police.
By the time police arrived, the woman and her eldest
daughter were dead. The infant and Sneha died in hospital.
Police traced the woman`s relatives with the help of a
mobile phone found in the cottage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?