Mother poisons 3 daughters, commits suicide
Tirupati: A 35-year-old woman allegedly
committed suicide after giving milk laced with pesticide to
her three daughters, including a five-month-old infant, near
here on Tuesday, police said.
The family, hailing from Ambattur in Chennai, had arrived
last evening and checked into a cottage of Tirumala Tirupati
Devasthanam administering the Lord Venkateswara shrine.
According to police, Krishnaveni made her daughters --
Sukaveni (11), Sneha (7) and the infant -- consume milk mixed
with pesticide and later she too drank it this morning.
The incident came to light when Sneha, unable to bear the
pain in her throat and stomach, rushed out of the room and
cried for help. A TTD employee on duty alerted the police.
By the time police arrived, the woman and her eldest
daughter were dead. The infant and Sneha died in hospital.
Police traced the woman`s relatives with the help of a
mobile phone found in the cottage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`