Old temples in Guntur district inspected
Guntur: Andhra Pradesh Endowments
Commissioner Bala Ramaiah said on Sunday that the demolition of
the tower of the ancient Amaralingeswara Swami temple at
Amaravati in the district may be inevitable.
He said that Amaravati temple tower was in a precarious
condition, however a fresh inspection of the structure would
be ordered, considering the sentiments of devotees.
He also said that temple tower of the ancient Panakala
Swami temple at Mangalagiri town would be renovated.
Following the collapse of the temple tower of Lord Bhava
Narayana Swami at Bapatle on Oct 23, the Commissioner
inspected all the old temples in the Guntur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outside powers seem to be equating with legitimate Afghanistan govt: Ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- Israel PM to meet Kerry in Rome on Palestinians
- US President Barack Obama pays tribute to slain British MP Jo Cox
- Major blow for Samajwadi Party as its general secretary joins BJP with 200 colleagues
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead