Old temples in Guntur district inspected
Guntur: Andhra Pradesh Endowments
Commissioner Bala Ramaiah said on Sunday that the demolition of
the tower of the ancient Amaralingeswara Swami temple at
Amaravati in the district may be inevitable.
He said that Amaravati temple tower was in a precarious
condition, however a fresh inspection of the structure would
be ordered, considering the sentiments of devotees.
He also said that temple tower of the ancient Panakala
Swami temple at Mangalagiri town would be renovated.
Following the collapse of the temple tower of Lord Bhava
Narayana Swami at Bapatle on Oct 23, the Commissioner
inspected all the old temples in the Guntur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon