Old temples in Guntur district inspected
Guntur: Andhra Pradesh Endowments
Commissioner Bala Ramaiah said on Sunday that the demolition of
the tower of the ancient Amaralingeswara Swami temple at
Amaravati in the district may be inevitable.
He said that Amaravati temple tower was in a precarious
condition, however a fresh inspection of the structure would
be ordered, considering the sentiments of devotees.
He also said that temple tower of the ancient Panakala
Swami temple at Mangalagiri town would be renovated.
Following the collapse of the temple tower of Lord Bhava
Narayana Swami at Bapatle on Oct 23, the Commissioner
inspected all the old temples in the Guntur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert