Old temples in Guntur district inspected
Guntur: Andhra Pradesh Endowments
Commissioner Bala Ramaiah said on Sunday that the demolition of
the tower of the ancient Amaralingeswara Swami temple at
Amaravati in the district may be inevitable.
He said that Amaravati temple tower was in a precarious
condition, however a fresh inspection of the structure would
be ordered, considering the sentiments of devotees.
He also said that temple tower of the ancient Panakala
Swami temple at Mangalagiri town would be renovated.
Following the collapse of the temple tower of Lord Bhava
Narayana Swami at Bapatle on Oct 23, the Commissioner
inspected all the old temples in the Guntur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka