Osmania University campus peaceful
Hyderabad: A day after witnessing a clash between rival groups of students over organising a `beef festival` in the campus, the Osmania University remained calm on Monday even as police continued to keep strict vigil.
The situation is normal in the university campus and the group of students opposed to the `beef festival` boycotted the classes today, a police official said.
A `beef festival` organised by a group of students turned violent in the university campus yesterday as another group objected to holding such a festival.
While the organisers of the `beef festival` described it as a reclamation of their cultural rights, the rival group said such an event was against Indian culture resulting in a clash.
Two vehicles including one belonging to media were damaged in the incident. The police lobbed teargas shells and resorted to baton charge to bring the situation under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation