Osmania University campus peaceful
Hyderabad: A day after witnessing a clash between rival groups of students over organising a `beef festival` in the campus, the Osmania University remained calm on Monday even as police continued to keep strict vigil.
The situation is normal in the university campus and the group of students opposed to the `beef festival` boycotted the classes today, a police official said.
A `beef festival` organised by a group of students turned violent in the university campus yesterday as another group objected to holding such a festival.
While the organisers of the `beef festival` described it as a reclamation of their cultural rights, the rival group said such an event was against Indian culture resulting in a clash.
Two vehicles including one belonging to media were damaged in the incident. The police lobbed teargas shells and resorted to baton charge to bring the situation under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why