Osmania University campus peaceful
Hyderabad: A day after witnessing a clash between rival groups of students over organising a `beef festival` in the campus, the Osmania University remained calm on Monday even as police continued to keep strict vigil.
The situation is normal in the university campus and the group of students opposed to the `beef festival` boycotted the classes today, a police official said.
A `beef festival` organised by a group of students turned violent in the university campus yesterday as another group objected to holding such a festival.
While the organisers of the `beef festival` described it as a reclamation of their cultural rights, the rival group said such an event was against Indian culture resulting in a clash.
Two vehicles including one belonging to media were damaged in the incident. The police lobbed teargas shells and resorted to baton charge to bring the situation under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends