Passport case: Court refuses advance bail to Hasan
Hyderabad: A local court on Tuesday dismissed the
anticipatory bail plea of Pune-based businessman Hasan Ali
Khan as police are seeking to question him for allegedly
procuring a fake passport from the city.
The court upheld the contention of Additional Public
Prosecutor S Lokeswar Reddy that charges under IPC sections
related to cheating and other crimes were maintainable against
Khan, and that he had been evading the police.
Ali, facing charges of money laundering and tax evasion
in a case filed by Enforcement Directorate in Mumbai, is also
accused of obtaining five passports from various parts of
India, including Hyderabad. He is currently lodged in a prison
He filed the anticipatory bail plea here, saying that he
had obtained the passport from Hyderabad after submitting
Hyderabad Police Commissioner AK Khan had earlier said
that city police wanted to interrogate Ali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy