Penalties imposed on 100 PIOs for not providing in
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Information Commission has imposed penalties of Rs 6.32 lakh on 100 Public Information Officers (PIOs) over the last six months for not furnishing information to the appellants.
State Information Commissioner S Prabhakar Reddy heard 1,880 appeals from July to December 2012 filed by the appellants, who had not received information sought by them.
The Commission, while disposing off 1,251 appeals, imposed penalties to the tune of Rs 6.32 lakh on 100 PIOs and also awarded compensation to the appellants in a few cases, according to a press release issued here today.
Several PIOs were also warned for not furnishing information in time, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest