Penalties imposed on 100 PIOs for not providing in
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Information Commission has imposed penalties of Rs 6.32 lakh on 100 Public Information Officers (PIOs) over the last six months for not furnishing information to the appellants.
State Information Commissioner S Prabhakar Reddy heard 1,880 appeals from July to December 2012 filed by the appellants, who had not received information sought by them.
The Commission, while disposing off 1,251 appeals, imposed penalties to the tune of Rs 6.32 lakh on 100 PIOs and also awarded compensation to the appellants in a few cases, according to a press release issued here today.
Several PIOs were also warned for not furnishing information in time, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat
- Subramanian Swamy's lecture on 'Emergency' cancelled
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch