Penalties imposed on 100 PIOs for not providing in
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Information Commission has imposed penalties of Rs 6.32 lakh on 100 Public Information Officers (PIOs) over the last six months for not furnishing information to the appellants.
State Information Commissioner S Prabhakar Reddy heard 1,880 appeals from July to December 2012 filed by the appellants, who had not received information sought by them.
The Commission, while disposing off 1,251 appeals, imposed penalties to the tune of Rs 6.32 lakh on 100 PIOs and also awarded compensation to the appellants in a few cases, according to a press release issued here today.
Several PIOs were also warned for not furnishing information in time, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users