Penalties imposed on 100 PIOs for not providing in
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Information Commission has imposed penalties of Rs 6.32 lakh on 100 Public Information Officers (PIOs) over the last six months for not furnishing information to the appellants.
State Information Commissioner S Prabhakar Reddy heard 1,880 appeals from July to December 2012 filed by the appellants, who had not received information sought by them.
The Commission, while disposing off 1,251 appeals, imposed penalties to the tune of Rs 6.32 lakh on 100 PIOs and also awarded compensation to the appellants in a few cases, according to a press release issued here today.
Several PIOs were also warned for not furnishing information in time, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP