Police officer held for trying to outrage woman`s modesty
Hyderabad: A Sub-Inspector of police posted at the National Police Academy (NPA) here was arrested on Monday for allegedly attempting to outrage the modesty of a 35-year-old woman, police said.
"SI Raghunadh Reddy, caught hold of the hand of a woman, working as a labourer at the NPA and allegedly pushed her on bed when she escaped," Rajendranagar Police said quoting the complainant.
A case under Section 354 (assault or criminal force to a woman with the intent to outrage her modesty) of IPC was registered against Reddy and he was arrested today.
He was remanded in judicial custody by a local court, a police officer said.
- New violence as Paris police break up youth protest
- China, Russia rap US missile defence plan in S Korea
- WATCH: Dance-off! Hardik Pandya vs Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle - Who did it better?
- Indian's body to be brought back from Saudi tomorrow: HC told
- Talks important to end hostility between India, Pakistan; Muslim nations worst victims of terrorism: Mehbooba Mufti