Police officer held for trying to outrage woman`s modesty
Hyderabad: A Sub-Inspector of police posted at the National Police Academy (NPA) here was arrested on Monday for allegedly attempting to outrage the modesty of a 35-year-old woman, police said.
"SI Raghunadh Reddy, caught hold of the hand of a woman, working as a labourer at the NPA and allegedly pushed her on bed when she escaped," Rajendranagar Police said quoting the complainant.
A case under Section 354 (assault or criminal force to a woman with the intent to outrage her modesty) of IPC was registered against Reddy and he was arrested today.
He was remanded in judicial custody by a local court, a police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report