Pro-Telangana activists attack CPM MLA`s vehicle
Hyderabad: Tension prevailed in Nalgonda
town of Andhra Pradesh on Sunday, as policemen resorted to cane
charging, to quell a group of pro-Telangana activists who
pelted stones on the vehicle of CPI(M) MLA J Ranga Reddy who
The pro-Telangana activists, among scores of students
attacked Ranga Reddy`s car, demanding that he resign in
support of separate Telangana state, police said. The CPI(M)
is opposed to the division of Andhra Pradesh.
The slogan shouting protesters pelted stones on the
Miryalaguda MLA`s car, in which he was travelling, damaging
its window panes. Police had to resort to lathi-charge to
disperse the protesters, a senior police official said
The MLA was safely moved away from the place and he did
not receive any injuries, the police official said, adding
one of the protesters sustained injuries during the
Six pro-Telangana protesters were also taken into
preventive custody and the situation is normal, the police
Meanwhile, ABVP activists held a protest in Mahabubnagar
town demanding resignation of Makthal MLA K Dayakar Reddy
demanding that he quit as MLA for the cause of Telangana.
The protesters held a protest in front of a guest house
where the TDP MLA was staying, a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation