Pro-Telangana AP govt employees threaten agitation
Hyderabad: Alleging that the promises
made to them during last year`s strike have not been
fulfilled, the pro-Telangana employees of Andhra Pradesh
government on Friday threatened to take up an agitation once
The pro-Telangana employees held the strike for over
40 days last year in support of the separate statehood demand
According to K Swamy Goud, a leader of Telangana
employees, the Telangana employees are being discriminated in
matters of promotions and other benefits for participating in
The government promised to appoint a judicial
commission to redress the grievances of Telangana employees,
but it did not materialise, he told reporters.
The employees would hold a sit-in on March 5 and start
`work to rule` (working only as per rules), he said.
If the government continued its anti-Telangana
attitude, the employees would organise a march in Hyderabad
on March 20 and announce its future course of action, Goud
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why