Procedure not followed in introducing Telangana Bill: CPI
New Delhi: CPI on Friday said proper procedure was not followed by the government in introducing the Telangana Bill in Parliament but its introduction was accepted after the declaration by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar.
At a meeting the Speaker had convened yesterday after the unprecedented incidents in the House, "we expressed our opinion that procedure was not followed properly by the government while introducing the Andhra Pradesh State Reorganization Bill", Gurudas Dasgupta, leader of CPI group in the Lok Sabha, said here.
He said there was "tumultuous uproar and wild disorder in the House which is unfortunate. No one could hear anything".
However, "once the Speaker declared that the Bill is introduced, that is accepted. CPI reiterates that it will support the Bill in both the Houses", Dasgupta said.
The CPI leader had yesterday met the Speaker along with leaders of other parties like main Opposition BJP, Trinamool Congress, JD(U), BJD, YSR Congress and Samajwadi Party.
After the meeting, the leaders had said they had registered their opposition to the government`s contention that the bill had been introduced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam