Procedure not followed in introducing Telangana Bill: CPI
New Delhi: CPI on Friday said proper procedure was not followed by the government in introducing the Telangana Bill in Parliament but its introduction was accepted after the declaration by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar.
At a meeting the Speaker had convened yesterday after the unprecedented incidents in the House, "we expressed our opinion that procedure was not followed properly by the government while introducing the Andhra Pradesh State Reorganization Bill", Gurudas Dasgupta, leader of CPI group in the Lok Sabha, said here.
He said there was "tumultuous uproar and wild disorder in the House which is unfortunate. No one could hear anything".
However, "once the Speaker declared that the Bill is introduced, that is accepted. CPI reiterates that it will support the Bill in both the Houses", Dasgupta said.
The CPI leader had yesterday met the Speaker along with leaders of other parties like main Opposition BJP, Trinamool Congress, JD(U), BJD, YSR Congress and Samajwadi Party.
After the meeting, the leaders had said they had registered their opposition to the government`s contention that the bill had been introduced.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!