Questions raised over TTD employee’s suicide
Tirupati: An employee of the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam, administering the hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara near here, allegedly committed suicide by hanging at his residence.
Following the incident on Friday, TTD employees unions staged a sit-in at the TTD administrative office, demanding that Executive Officer IYR Krishna Rao take action against a top TTD officer who, they alleged, was responsible for the suicide of the employee, V M Suresh.
The union leaders also alleged that the employee had taken the
extreme step, unable to bear the officer`s "offensive" behaviour.
Reacting to the charges levelled by the unions, AV Dharma Reddy, Special Officer, Tirumala temple, denied allegations of his involvement or harassment in the death.
The police have sent the body for post mortem and are investigating the case from all angles including the link to the multi-crore hill temple rituals tickets scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'