Questions raised over TTD employee’s suicide
Tirupati: An employee of the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam, administering the hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara near here, allegedly committed suicide by hanging at his residence.
Following the incident on Friday, TTD employees unions staged a sit-in at the TTD administrative office, demanding that Executive Officer IYR Krishna Rao take action against a top TTD officer who, they alleged, was responsible for the suicide of the employee, V M Suresh.
The union leaders also alleged that the employee had taken the
extreme step, unable to bear the officer`s "offensive" behaviour.
Reacting to the charges levelled by the unions, AV Dharma Reddy, Special Officer, Tirumala temple, denied allegations of his involvement or harassment in the death.
The police have sent the body for post mortem and are investigating the case from all angles including the link to the multi-crore hill temple rituals tickets scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US