Rao, Telangana JAC delegation to meet PM, Swaraj
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar
Rao and a delegation of Telangana political Joint Action
Committee (JAC) on Friday left for the national capital to
press for an early decision in favour of the separate
statehood for Telangana.
The delegation would meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
and other important leaders including Leader of Opposition in
Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, Rao told reporters here.
"The general strike in the region has entered 18th day
today. It has been peaceful. But the state government is
trying to make it violent. The attacks on TRS MLAs Harish,
Rama Rao and Swamy Goud (a pro-Telangana employees union
leader)in the last three-four days prove this. We are going to
Delhi to explain the situation here to the Prime Minister and
other important leaders like Sushma Swaraj," he said.
The BJP supports the demand for separate Telangana state.
"We will request the Prime Minister to take an early
decision on Telangana," he said.
The TRS president has vowed to continue the present
agitation till the demand is met.
The `sakala janula samme` (strike by all sections of
people) has badly affected the normal life in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore