Rao, Telangana JAC delegation to meet PM, Swaraj
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar
Rao and a delegation of Telangana political Joint Action
Committee (JAC) on Friday left for the national capital to
press for an early decision in favour of the separate
statehood for Telangana.
The delegation would meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
and other important leaders including Leader of Opposition in
Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, Rao told reporters here.
"The general strike in the region has entered 18th day
today. It has been peaceful. But the state government is
trying to make it violent. The attacks on TRS MLAs Harish,
Rama Rao and Swamy Goud (a pro-Telangana employees union
leader)in the last three-four days prove this. We are going to
Delhi to explain the situation here to the Prime Minister and
other important leaders like Sushma Swaraj," he said.
The BJP supports the demand for separate Telangana state.
"We will request the Prime Minister to take an early
decision on Telangana," he said.
The TRS president has vowed to continue the present
agitation till the demand is met.
The `sakala janula samme` (strike by all sections of
people) has badly affected the normal life in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Actor evades media, refuses to say ‘sorry’ – Watch