Rebel Congress MLAs in touch with me, says AP CM
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister
N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Tuesday said that some of the Congress rebel MLAs
owing allegiance to YSR Congress party were "in touch" with
him even as he maintained that their disqualification issue
was under the Assembly Speaker`s purview.
"Yes," was his immediate response, when reporters
asked the Chief Minister about claims that some of the rebel
MLAs, currently facing disqualification proceedings for voting
against the government, were in touch with him, seeking to get
back into the Congress party.
Kiran, however, was quick to add in a lighter vein
that MLAs from Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS), CPI and CPM
were also in touch with him.
But he did not give any specific reply to questions
about some of the rebel MLAs` desire to return to their parent
"The disqualification issue is under the Assembly
Speaker`s purview. As per rules we complained against 16 MLAs
within 15 days of the voting on the no-confidence motion (on
December 5 last). The issue is pending," he added.
Questioned about reports that the Congress was seeking
to get the disqualification issue delayed in a bid to avoid
by-elections in one go, the Chief Minister noted that nobody
could influence the Speaker`s decision.
"Conducting the elections is the Election Commission`s
job...not the Chief Minister`s. You should not think
everything is in my hands since I am the Chief Minister,"
The Chief Minister had an informal chat with news
reporters after the Assembly was adjourned for the day today.
On the controversy related to the liquor syndicates in
the state, in which, names of some ministers were involved,
the Chief Minister said, the government was ready to make a
statement on this in the Assembly.
"I will talk on this issue only in the House," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate