Rosaiah remains evasive on Jagan`s Odarpu Yatra
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah on Monday remained evasive on the controversial Odarpu Yatra being undertaken by seditious Kadapa M P YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
"It is a party issue and the high command will take care of it," Rosaiah said as he parried further questions on the subject, during an interaction with a group of reporters here.
Jagan will embark on the third leg of his controversial tour on September 3 in Prakasam district, a day after his father YS Rajasekhara Reddy`s first death anniversary, even
as the party high command directed all public representatives to stay away.
The state Mines Minister Balineni Srinivasa Reddy, who hails from Prakasam district and is a relative of former Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy, said he would rather forego his Cabinet position than stay away from Jagan`s yatra.
Prakasam happens to be the adopted district of Rosaiah and there are reports that Jagan`s followers have been pestering Congress MLAs in the district to join the tour.
Rosaiah maintained that there was "no advance planning" for any eventuality after December 31 when the five-member Srikrishna Committee was expected to submit its report to the Centre on the situation in Andhra Pradesh.
When referred to Telangana Rashtra Samiti president K Chandrasekhar Rao`s threat of a "civil war" in case the Srikrishna Committee`s report went against Telangana, the
Chief Minister remarked, "Such threats are unwarranted in a democracy. We have, however, not drafted any specific plan. The situation will be dealt with according to the needs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof