Satyam scam: Raju may be tried through video-conferencing
Hyderabad: The special court trying the
former chairman of Satyam Computers, B Ramalinga Raju in the
Rs 7,800 crore Satyam scam, may examine him through
video-conferencing as the former is not able to depose before
it due to ill health.
"Raju is not able to appear before the court as he is
hospitalised. Based on NIMS health report, we will decide on
filing a petition requesting the court to examine him through
video conferencing or any other means," CBI`s deputy legal
advisor B Ravindranath told PTI.
The 55-year-old prime accused in the multi-crore scam is
suffering from Hepatitis-C and is undergoing treatment at the
Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) here.
Raju, who is in judicial remand, is "abstaining" from
court proceedings since September last year citing health
reasons, initially for heart ailment and now for hepatitis
since December 5.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate and special
judge trying the Satyam scam cases, BVLN Chakravarti, on April
12 had asked the NIMS to furnish details of Raju`s health
condition on a daily basis with copies of daily case sheets
and medical examinations conducted on him since March 31 for
However, no report was filed by the NIMS before the court
after which the judge issued reminder to NIMS Director to
submit a report forthwith by April 23 without fail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH