Satyam scam: Raju may be tried through video-conferencing
Hyderabad: The special court trying the
former chairman of Satyam Computers, B Ramalinga Raju in the
Rs 7,800 crore Satyam scam, may examine him through
video-conferencing as the former is not able to depose before
it due to ill health.
"Raju is not able to appear before the court as he is
hospitalised. Based on NIMS health report, we will decide on
filing a petition requesting the court to examine him through
video conferencing or any other means," CBI`s deputy legal
advisor B Ravindranath told PTI.
The 55-year-old prime accused in the multi-crore scam is
suffering from Hepatitis-C and is undergoing treatment at the
Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) here.
Raju, who is in judicial remand, is "abstaining" from
court proceedings since September last year citing health
reasons, initially for heart ailment and now for hepatitis
since December 5.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate and special
judge trying the Satyam scam cases, BVLN Chakravarti, on April
12 had asked the NIMS to furnish details of Raju`s health
condition on a daily basis with copies of daily case sheets
and medical examinations conducted on him since March 31 for
However, no report was filed by the NIMS before the court
after which the judge issued reminder to NIMS Director to
submit a report forthwith by April 23 without fail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS