Satyam scam: Raju may be tried through video-conferencing
Hyderabad: The special court trying the
former chairman of Satyam Computers, B Ramalinga Raju in the
Rs 7,800 crore Satyam scam, may examine him through
video-conferencing as the former is not able to depose before
it due to ill health.
"Raju is not able to appear before the court as he is
hospitalised. Based on NIMS health report, we will decide on
filing a petition requesting the court to examine him through
video conferencing or any other means," CBI`s deputy legal
advisor B Ravindranath told PTI.
The 55-year-old prime accused in the multi-crore scam is
suffering from Hepatitis-C and is undergoing treatment at the
Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) here.
Raju, who is in judicial remand, is "abstaining" from
court proceedings since September last year citing health
reasons, initially for heart ailment and now for hepatitis
since December 5.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate and special
judge trying the Satyam scam cases, BVLN Chakravarti, on April
12 had asked the NIMS to furnish details of Raju`s health
condition on a daily basis with copies of daily case sheets
and medical examinations conducted on him since March 31 for
However, no report was filed by the NIMS before the court
after which the judge issued reminder to NIMS Director to
submit a report forthwith by April 23 without fail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines
- West Indies vs India, 2nd T20I: Wet outfield denies MS Dhoni & Co chance to level series
- Two minors held for gang-raping minor in Delhi