School principal held for raping student in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: The principal of an international school here has been arrested on charges of raping a Class 11 student from Mumbai, police said Thursday. The victim had become pregnant.
A case of rape and criminal intimidation has been booked against Salahuddin Ayub, principal of Parkwood International School at Manneguda near Vikarabad on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
According to Deputy Commissioner of Police, Central Crime Station (CCS), J. Satyanarayana, investigations into the complaint were on.
The CCS sleuths were questioning the principal and collecting scientific evidence to build the case against him, the official said.
However, the school authorities denied the allegations against the principal and said they were aimed at defaming the school, which has branches in the Middle East.
The parents of the girl from Mumbai alleged that she was repeatedly raped by the principal during the last one year.
The principal had allegedly threatened the girl with dire consequences if she said anything to anyone. The girl`s family complained after she reportedly became pregnant.
Investigating officials visited the school and the principal`s house and other places where the girl was sexually exploited.
A group of local people and parents of some students staged a protest outside the school demanding stern action against the principal. Women`s organisations have also demanded punishment to the guilty.
However, the school authorities have denied the allegations against the principal and said they were aimed at defaming the school, which has branches in the Middle East.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan