School principal held for raping student in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: The principal of an international school here has been arrested on charges of raping a Class 11 student from Mumbai, police said Thursday. The victim had become pregnant.
A case of rape and criminal intimidation has been booked against Salahuddin Ayub, principal of Parkwood International School at Manneguda near Vikarabad on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
According to Deputy Commissioner of Police, Central Crime Station (CCS), J. Satyanarayana, investigations into the complaint were on.
The CCS sleuths were questioning the principal and collecting scientific evidence to build the case against him, the official said.
However, the school authorities denied the allegations against the principal and said they were aimed at defaming the school, which has branches in the Middle East.
The parents of the girl from Mumbai alleged that she was repeatedly raped by the principal during the last one year.
The principal had allegedly threatened the girl with dire consequences if she said anything to anyone. The girl`s family complained after she reportedly became pregnant.
Investigating officials visited the school and the principal`s house and other places where the girl was sexually exploited.
A group of local people and parents of some students staged a protest outside the school demanding stern action against the principal. Women`s organisations have also demanded punishment to the guilty.
However, the school authorities have denied the allegations against the principal and said they were aimed at defaming the school, which has branches in the Middle East.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference