School principal held for raping student in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: The principal of an international school here has been arrested on charges of raping a Class 11 student from Mumbai, police said Thursday. The victim had become pregnant.
A case of rape and criminal intimidation has been booked against Salahuddin Ayub, principal of Parkwood International School at Manneguda near Vikarabad on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
According to Deputy Commissioner of Police, Central Crime Station (CCS), J. Satyanarayana, investigations into the complaint were on.
The CCS sleuths were questioning the principal and collecting scientific evidence to build the case against him, the official said.
However, the school authorities denied the allegations against the principal and said they were aimed at defaming the school, which has branches in the Middle East.
The parents of the girl from Mumbai alleged that she was repeatedly raped by the principal during the last one year.
The principal had allegedly threatened the girl with dire consequences if she said anything to anyone. The girl`s family complained after she reportedly became pregnant.
Investigating officials visited the school and the principal`s house and other places where the girl was sexually exploited.
A group of local people and parents of some students staged a protest outside the school demanding stern action against the principal. Women`s organisations have also demanded punishment to the guilty.
However, the school authorities have denied the allegations against the principal and said they were aimed at defaming the school, which has branches in the Middle East.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...