School principal held for raping student in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: The principal of an international school here has been arrested on charges of raping a Class 11 student from Mumbai, police said Thursday. The victim had become pregnant.
A case of rape and criminal intimidation has been booked against Salahuddin Ayub, principal of Parkwood International School at Manneguda near Vikarabad on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
According to Deputy Commissioner of Police, Central Crime Station (CCS), J. Satyanarayana, investigations into the complaint were on.
The CCS sleuths were questioning the principal and collecting scientific evidence to build the case against him, the official said.
However, the school authorities denied the allegations against the principal and said they were aimed at defaming the school, which has branches in the Middle East.
The parents of the girl from Mumbai alleged that she was repeatedly raped by the principal during the last one year.
The principal had allegedly threatened the girl with dire consequences if she said anything to anyone. The girl`s family complained after she reportedly became pregnant.
Investigating officials visited the school and the principal`s house and other places where the girl was sexually exploited.
A group of local people and parents of some students staged a protest outside the school demanding stern action against the principal. Women`s organisations have also demanded punishment to the guilty.
However, the school authorities have denied the allegations against the principal and said they were aimed at defaming the school, which has branches in the Middle East.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy