School principal held for raping student in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: The principal of an international school here has been arrested on charges of raping a Class 11 student from Mumbai, police said Thursday. The victim had become pregnant.
A case of rape and criminal intimidation has been booked against Salahuddin Ayub, principal of Parkwood International School at Manneguda near Vikarabad on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
According to Deputy Commissioner of Police, Central Crime Station (CCS), J. Satyanarayana, investigations into the complaint were on.
The CCS sleuths were questioning the principal and collecting scientific evidence to build the case against him, the official said.
However, the school authorities denied the allegations against the principal and said they were aimed at defaming the school, which has branches in the Middle East.
The parents of the girl from Mumbai alleged that she was repeatedly raped by the principal during the last one year.
The principal had allegedly threatened the girl with dire consequences if she said anything to anyone. The girl`s family complained after she reportedly became pregnant.
Investigating officials visited the school and the principal`s house and other places where the girl was sexually exploited.
A group of local people and parents of some students staged a protest outside the school demanding stern action against the principal. Women`s organisations have also demanded punishment to the guilty.
However, the school authorities have denied the allegations against the principal and said they were aimed at defaming the school, which has branches in the Middle East.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon