Six killed as speeding SUV hits lorry near Visakhapatnam
Hyderabad: Six young men were killed on
the spot and another person suffered critical injuries when a
speeding Scorpio sports utility vehicle, in which they were
travelling, hit a stationary lorry`s rear side on the
outskirts of Yelamanchili town of Visakhapatnam district this
morning, police said.
The accident occurred at around 6 am. The deceased,
all in the age group of 20-30, including the manager of a
private bank identified as B Ashish, hailing from
Visakhapatnam city, were returning to the city after attending
a marriage in Yelamanchili mandal, a senior police officer
said over phone.
The impact of the accident was so severe that it took
more than 45 minutes for the police in removing the mangled
bodies of the occupants stuck inside the car, the police
officer said adding, "We had to use a crane to separate the
Scorpio vehicle from the lorry."
One person who sustained critical injuries in the
incident was rushed to a private hospital in Visakhapatnam
city and he has gone under coma, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised