Speaker allows TRS to raise Telangana issue
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Monday gave a special concession to Telangana Rashtra Samithi chief Chandrasekhar Rao, allowing him to briefly raise the issue of a separate Telangana state during question hour.
"You raise the issue for a minute. I am allowing a special concession. This should not be a precedent," said the speaker.
According to the speaker, she gave the concession as "a lady is involved and a man in frail health".
She had adjourned the house till 11.20 am when it assembled at 11 am as both Rao and his party colleague Vijaya Shanthi reached near the speaker`s podium shouting pro Telangana slogans.
"The government assured the house three years ago that it would create a separate Telangana state, but nothing has happened so far. Thousands have committed suicide," Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!