Speaker allows TRS to raise Telangana issue
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar on Monday gave a special concession to Telangana Rashtra Samithi chief Chandrasekhar Rao, allowing him to briefly raise the issue of a separate Telangana state during question hour.
"You raise the issue for a minute. I am allowing a special concession. This should not be a precedent," said the speaker.
According to the speaker, she gave the concession as "a lady is involved and a man in frail health".
She had adjourned the house till 11.20 am when it assembled at 11 am as both Rao and his party colleague Vijaya Shanthi reached near the speaker`s podium shouting pro Telangana slogans.
"The government assured the house three years ago that it would create a separate Telangana state, but nothing has happened so far. Thousands have committed suicide," Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'