`Speedy trial of graft cases need of the society`
Hyderabad: Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court Madan B Lokur Monday said speedy trial of cases, particularly those pertaining to corruption, was the need of the hour.
Speaking after inaugurating three Additional Special CBI courts at Gagan Vihar here today, he said, "It is the need of society that we should have speedy trial of cases particularly those pertaining to corruption."
Pointing out that the Supreme Court has given great emphasis on disposal of cases pertaining to corruption at the earliest, the chief justice said, "We at the high court have also given lot of importance for quick disposal of criminal cases of all kinds, particularly corruption cases."
Lokur said setting up of the new CBI courts was an important decision in justice delivery and added the demands of prosecution, public, accused and also the society, will be met.
He said it was important both from the point of view of public that cases of corruption should be decided quickly one way or the other, and it was equally important from the side of the accused.
Similarly, one more CBI court today started functioning at Visakhapatnam to deal with CBI cases.
Earlier, the lone special court for CBI cases in Nampally was dealing with high profile cases including that of OMC involving former Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, the Emaar case and alleged disproportionate assets case involving Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter