Student protests forces Osmania Univ to review exam schedule
Hyderabad: In the backdrop of continuing
violent protests as part of Telangana agitation by students at
the Osmania University campus in Hyderabad, varsity authorities on Friday
held a meeting to review the academic calendar for the ongoing
semester and for the examination schedule for under-graduate
and post-graduate courses.
Osmania University`s in-charge Vice-Chancellor DN Reddy
discussed with deans, principals and other officials the
academic calendar for the ongoing semester and also for
working out the examination schedule for UG and PG courses.
Reddy said saving of the academic year to protect the
long term interests of the students was the top priority
before the university and stressed the need for ensuring the
smooth conduct of classes and examinations.
The meeting finalised the revised almanac for second and
fourth semesters of PG courses and it was also decided to
commence the BA, BSc and BCom annual exams from March 25th
The University will conduct the leftover exams of
previous semester for the foreign students on March 11, 12 and
13, while the detailed timetable and revised almanac will be
display on the university website (www.osmania.ac.in) shortly,
a release said.
Exams of Osmania University`s PG Courses have been
repeatedly postponed following boycott threats last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'