TDP chief lashes out at Congress over Telangana Bill
Hyderabad: TDP chief and Leader of Opposition N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday lashed out at the Centre and also Congress for "lacking clarity" on whether the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Bill 2013 is merely a draft or the original bill.
"Digvijaya (Singh) says the bill sent to AP Assembly is a draft. Jairam (Ramesh) says it`s the main bill. They themselves don`t have clarity and they blame others," he said.
He made the remarks amidst controversy over the status of the bill and also the conflicting claims being made by top Congress leaders on the issue.
Naidu is yet to participate in the debate on the bill in the state Assembly, but had made certain remarks after Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy termed it "unconstitutional".
"If the bill is unconstitutional and full of lacunae, as being pointed out by the AP Chief Minister, it should be returned to the Centre. Bihar did the same during that state`s bifurcation process," the Leader of the Opposition said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu