TDP chief lashes out at Congress over Telangana Bill
Hyderabad: TDP chief and Leader of Opposition N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday lashed out at the Centre and also Congress for "lacking clarity" on whether the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Bill 2013 is merely a draft or the original bill.
"Digvijaya (Singh) says the bill sent to AP Assembly is a draft. Jairam (Ramesh) says it`s the main bill. They themselves don`t have clarity and they blame others," he said.
He made the remarks amidst controversy over the status of the bill and also the conflicting claims being made by top Congress leaders on the issue.
Naidu is yet to participate in the debate on the bill in the state Assembly, but had made certain remarks after Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy termed it "unconstitutional".
"If the bill is unconstitutional and full of lacunae, as being pointed out by the AP Chief Minister, it should be returned to the Centre. Bihar did the same during that state`s bifurcation process," the Leader of the Opposition said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success