TDP chief lashes out at Congress over Telangana Bill
Hyderabad: TDP chief and Leader of Opposition N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday lashed out at the Centre and also Congress for "lacking clarity" on whether the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Bill 2013 is merely a draft or the original bill.
"Digvijaya (Singh) says the bill sent to AP Assembly is a draft. Jairam (Ramesh) says it`s the main bill. They themselves don`t have clarity and they blame others," he said.
He made the remarks amidst controversy over the status of the bill and also the conflicting claims being made by top Congress leaders on the issue.
Naidu is yet to participate in the debate on the bill in the state Assembly, but had made certain remarks after Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy termed it "unconstitutional".
"If the bill is unconstitutional and full of lacunae, as being pointed out by the AP Chief Minister, it should be returned to the Centre. Bihar did the same during that state`s bifurcation process," the Leader of the Opposition said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets