TDP chief lashes out at Congress over Telangana Bill
Hyderabad: TDP chief and Leader of Opposition N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday lashed out at the Centre and also Congress for "lacking clarity" on whether the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Bill 2013 is merely a draft or the original bill.
"Digvijaya (Singh) says the bill sent to AP Assembly is a draft. Jairam (Ramesh) says it`s the main bill. They themselves don`t have clarity and they blame others," he said.
He made the remarks amidst controversy over the status of the bill and also the conflicting claims being made by top Congress leaders on the issue.
Naidu is yet to participate in the debate on the bill in the state Assembly, but had made certain remarks after Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy termed it "unconstitutional".
"If the bill is unconstitutional and full of lacunae, as being pointed out by the AP Chief Minister, it should be returned to the Centre. Bihar did the same during that state`s bifurcation process," the Leader of the Opposition said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why