TDP MPs to contribute Rs 4 crore to help AP flood victims
Hyderabad: Eight Telugu Desam Party (TDP)MPs
have decided to contribute a sum of Rs 4 crore from their
Local Area Development Fund to take up a special restoration
project in the worst flood-hit parts of the state.
The NTR Trust will contribute a matching grant of Rs 2
crore for this project, party president N Chandrababu Naidu
"We are chalking out details of the works and will take
them up in identified places soon," he told a press conference
The Telugu Desam Parliamentary Party leader Nama
Nageswara Rao has contributed Rs 10 lakh personally to the NTR
Trust while all the party MPs (six Lok Sabha and two Rajya
Sabha) would be contributing their two months salary.
The NTR Trust, along with the TDP machinery, was in the
forefront of the rescue and relief operations in the flood-hit
districts of the state. Apart from supplying food, drinking
water, clothes and other essentials to the flood victims, the
NTR Trust has pressed 150 doctors into service for organising
special medical camps in the affected areas.
Our doctors have attended to over two lakh patients while
medicines worth Rs one crore have been distributed,
Naidu sent out 3.80 crore messages on all mobile phones
seeking help for the flood victims.
There has been an overwhelming response to our call as
people from students to businessmen donated to our Trust, he
Students of Bhashyam School donated Rs 10,116 to Naidu
at the press conference.
More than the government machinery, it was the
non-governmental organisations that did stupendous work in
the aid of the flood victims. We are going to felicitate
officials and non-officials who did their might in reaching
out to the flood-hit people in the hour of misery, Chandrababu
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves