TDP MPs to contribute Rs 4 crore to help AP flood victims
Hyderabad: Eight Telugu Desam Party (TDP)MPs
have decided to contribute a sum of Rs 4 crore from their
Local Area Development Fund to take up a special restoration
project in the worst flood-hit parts of the state.
The NTR Trust will contribute a matching grant of Rs 2
crore for this project, party president N Chandrababu Naidu
"We are chalking out details of the works and will take
them up in identified places soon," he told a press conference
The Telugu Desam Parliamentary Party leader Nama
Nageswara Rao has contributed Rs 10 lakh personally to the NTR
Trust while all the party MPs (six Lok Sabha and two Rajya
Sabha) would be contributing their two months salary.
The NTR Trust, along with the TDP machinery, was in the
forefront of the rescue and relief operations in the flood-hit
districts of the state. Apart from supplying food, drinking
water, clothes and other essentials to the flood victims, the
NTR Trust has pressed 150 doctors into service for organising
special medical camps in the affected areas.
Our doctors have attended to over two lakh patients while
medicines worth Rs one crore have been distributed,
Naidu sent out 3.80 crore messages on all mobile phones
seeking help for the flood victims.
There has been an overwhelming response to our call as
people from students to businessmen donated to our Trust, he
Students of Bhashyam School donated Rs 10,116 to Naidu
at the press conference.
More than the government machinery, it was the
non-governmental organisations that did stupendous work in
the aid of the flood victims. We are going to felicitate
officials and non-officials who did their might in reaching
out to the flood-hit people in the hour of misery, Chandrababu
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?