TDP MPs to contribute Rs 4 crore to help AP flood victims
Hyderabad: Eight Telugu Desam Party (TDP)MPs
have decided to contribute a sum of Rs 4 crore from their
Local Area Development Fund to take up a special restoration
project in the worst flood-hit parts of the state.
The NTR Trust will contribute a matching grant of Rs 2
crore for this project, party president N Chandrababu Naidu
"We are chalking out details of the works and will take
them up in identified places soon," he told a press conference
The Telugu Desam Parliamentary Party leader Nama
Nageswara Rao has contributed Rs 10 lakh personally to the NTR
Trust while all the party MPs (six Lok Sabha and two Rajya
Sabha) would be contributing their two months salary.
The NTR Trust, along with the TDP machinery, was in the
forefront of the rescue and relief operations in the flood-hit
districts of the state. Apart from supplying food, drinking
water, clothes and other essentials to the flood victims, the
NTR Trust has pressed 150 doctors into service for organising
special medical camps in the affected areas.
Our doctors have attended to over two lakh patients while
medicines worth Rs one crore have been distributed,
Naidu sent out 3.80 crore messages on all mobile phones
seeking help for the flood victims.
There has been an overwhelming response to our call as
people from students to businessmen donated to our Trust, he
Students of Bhashyam School donated Rs 10,116 to Naidu
at the press conference.
More than the government machinery, it was the
non-governmental organisations that did stupendous work in
the aid of the flood victims. We are going to felicitate
officials and non-officials who did their might in reaching
out to the flood-hit people in the hour of misery, Chandrababu
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani