TDP steps up attack on TRS chief KCR
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party on Thursday stepped
up its attack on Telangana Rashtra Samiti president K
Chandrasekhar Rao alleging was an "integrationist to the core"
and was leading the movement for a separate Telangana state
only to benefit his family.
TDP Telangana Forum leader Motkupalli Narasimhulu
exhibited video footage of KCR`s speech in the Andhra Pradesh
Assembly in 1996 as the then Transport Minister wherein he
spoke in favour of a unified state by abolishing the zonal
system and the six-point formula.
Late tonight, TRS sought to counter TDP`s attack. "As a
member of TDP, KCR was only toeing the party line, which is
justified," his son and MLA K T Rama Rao said.
"The zonal system (under which AP is divided into six
separate administrative zones) and the six-point formula are
proving detrimental to the interests of the state and
"We have to do away with them to ensure equitable
development in all the regions," KCR had said, talking on the
subject of irrigation works and water utilisation.
"This only proves that KCR is not sincere about securing
statehood for Telangana. He only wants to further his own
interests in the name of Telangana", Narasimhulu alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company
- Some 6,500 migrants rescued off Libya: Coastguard