Telangana bandh: AP DGP warns law breakers of strict action
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Director
General of Police (DGP) R R Girish Kumar on Wednesday asked policemen
to come down heavily if anybody tried to take law into their
hands or to curb the rights of common people.
While addressing an annual press conference here, DGP
Kumar said "the police is seriously concern of the cause of
common man whose life get affected following frequent rasta
rokos, protests and bandh calls leading to traffic jams
disrupting movement of vehicles besides causing scarcity of
The agitation in support of Telangana and unified
Andhra Pradesh are being handled with total impartiality,
great tact and restraint, the DGP said.
Assuring to public that police would extend help to
them, he warned that the police would take stringent action if
anybody indulge in disrupting normal life and would take legal
action against those persons. In a veiled warning, the DGP
said the police have to adopt different methods to prevent get
affected of normal life of common man.
The DGP said some industrialists who met him expressed
concern and they are having insecurity in wake of unrest in
the state on the issue of Telangana.
They too expressed apprehension that their production
would be affected following frequent bandh calls and protests
as they are not able to get raw material and labourers in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP