Telangana: Cong MPs drop plans of resigning after AICC feelers
New Delhi: Congress MPs from Telangana on Wednesday night decided not to resign after indications from the AICC that the party is not against formation of a separate state.
Nizamabad MP Madhu Goud Yaskhi, one of the MPs in the forefront of the agitation, said he did not see any need for resignation after the announcement.
"I don`t think there is any need for resignation now. The statement by Chacko is clear," he told reporters here.
Goud was reacting to Party spokesperson P C Chacko`s statement that Congress is not against the formation of Telangana state.
The MPs announced yesterday that they would forward their resignation, along with a letter explaining the reason for it, to Sonia Gandhi today.
Chacko said, "We are in the process of taking a decision but then formalities have to be completed," he said.
Chacko`s initial response was that the party`s position on Telangana is well known and that "it`s only a question of time" when the decision will be announced.
Asked specifically whether he meant to say the separate state of Telangana will be announced and it is just a matter of time now, the Congress spokesperson responded by saying "you are right. We have taken a position. Our party position is very clear..But whatever decision has to be taken has to fulfil some Constitutional obligations."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan