Telangana Cong MPs prevented from meeting CM, hold protest
Hyderabad: Congress MPs from Telangana region held a protest at Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister`s Camp Office here on Sunday after they were prevented from meeting Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy over detention of Telangana supporters coming for today`s "march."
The MPs like Madhu Yashki Goud, G Vivek and others wanted to meet the Chief Minister over detention of Telangana supporters, including Congress activists, coming to Hyderabad for participating in the "march."
The "march," to be held on Necklace Road at the Hussain Sagar lake here, has been called by the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) in support of its demand for a separate state.
"The government gave permission for the march. Congress workers from my constituency were coming to Hyderabad for the march but they were stopped and detained. I am getting calls. Other (Congress) MPs were getting similar calls. We wanted to meet the Chief Minister, but we were not allowed. CM did not meet us so…We held dharna," Madhu Yashki Goud said.
Later, the protesting MPs were taken to a different location.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?