Telangana Cong MPs prevented from meeting CM, hold protest
Hyderabad: Congress MPs from Telangana region held a protest at Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister`s Camp Office here on Sunday after they were prevented from meeting Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy over detention of Telangana supporters coming for today`s "march."
The MPs like Madhu Yashki Goud, G Vivek and others wanted to meet the Chief Minister over detention of Telangana supporters, including Congress activists, coming to Hyderabad for participating in the "march."
The "march," to be held on Necklace Road at the Hussain Sagar lake here, has been called by the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) in support of its demand for a separate state.
"The government gave permission for the march. Congress workers from my constituency were coming to Hyderabad for the march but they were stopped and detained. I am getting calls. Other (Congress) MPs were getting similar calls. We wanted to meet the Chief Minister, but we were not allowed. CM did not meet us so…We held dharna," Madhu Yashki Goud said.
Later, the protesting MPs were taken to a different location.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city