Telangana Cong MPs prevented from meeting CM, hold protest
Hyderabad: Congress MPs from Telangana region held a protest at Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister`s Camp Office here on Sunday after they were prevented from meeting Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy over detention of Telangana supporters coming for today`s "march."
The MPs like Madhu Yashki Goud, G Vivek and others wanted to meet the Chief Minister over detention of Telangana supporters, including Congress activists, coming to Hyderabad for participating in the "march."
The "march," to be held on Necklace Road at the Hussain Sagar lake here, has been called by the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) in support of its demand for a separate state.
"The government gave permission for the march. Congress workers from my constituency were coming to Hyderabad for the march but they were stopped and detained. I am getting calls. Other (Congress) MPs were getting similar calls. We wanted to meet the Chief Minister, but we were not allowed. CM did not meet us so…We held dharna," Madhu Yashki Goud said.
Later, the protesting MPs were taken to a different location.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India