Telangana Cong MPs prevented from meeting CM, hold protest
Hyderabad: Congress MPs from Telangana region held a protest at Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister`s Camp Office here on Sunday after they were prevented from meeting Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy over detention of Telangana supporters coming for today`s "march."
The MPs like Madhu Yashki Goud, G Vivek and others wanted to meet the Chief Minister over detention of Telangana supporters, including Congress activists, coming to Hyderabad for participating in the "march."
The "march," to be held on Necklace Road at the Hussain Sagar lake here, has been called by the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) in support of its demand for a separate state.
"The government gave permission for the march. Congress workers from my constituency were coming to Hyderabad for the march but they were stopped and detained. I am getting calls. Other (Congress) MPs were getting similar calls. We wanted to meet the Chief Minister, but we were not allowed. CM did not meet us so…We held dharna," Madhu Yashki Goud said.
Later, the protesting MPs were taken to a different location.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town