Telangana issue: BJP to launch mass contact programme
Hyderabad: In the wake of turmoil in Andhra
Pradesh over Telangana issue, state unit of BJP on Thursday said it would launch a mass contact programme to mount pressure on the Central to move a bill for separate Telangana state in current session of Parliament.
Party state president and former union minister Bandaru
Dattatreya told reporters here that the party has chalked out
a three-day `Racha Banda` (mass contact programme) from
tomorrow in Telangana region.
The programme would be taken up in 250 mandals in the
districts of Telangana region. During the programme, party
leaders would visit and expose the "double speak" of ruling
Congress party, Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and Praja Rajyam
Party (PRP) on the issue of Telangana, he said.
Dattatreya wondered on media reports that Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh has expressed his anguish over the political
parties backtracking on supporting the resolution on Telangana
leading to a political crisis in the state.
Taking dig at Congress, he said why Congress MLAs and
MPs, who accepted the party high command`s decision on the
choice of Chief Minister K Rosaiah, violated the party`s
decision on Telangana.
The present political crisis in the state could be
resolved only by the Centre by moving a bill for Telangana
statehood because leaders of various political parties
including Congress in the state have been divided on the
issue, Dattatreya said.
Referring to resignation of MLAs and MLCs of various
parties in support of pro-Telangana and unified Andhra
Pradesh, the BJP chief demanded the state assembly speaker to
immediately accept the resignation of those who have put in
their papers as the issue was creating confusion and the
people are loosing confidence in political parties and on
Reiterating the party`s commitment for separate Telangana
state, Dattatreya said his party never changes its principals
and policies unlike Congress which keep changing for its
political gain and plays vote bank politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!