Telangana issue: CM urges AP ministers to mull resigning after Delhi visit
Hyderabad: Even as they insisted that he forward their resignations to the Governor, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy today told his ministers from the Andhra-Rayalaseema region that they could take a decision on quitting after a visit to New Delhi.
The ministers in question had submitted their resignations early last month in protest against the move to bifurcate the state.
Infrastructure Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao, Law Minister Erasu Pratap Reddy, Co-operatives Minister Kasu Venkata Krishna Reddy and Forests Minister Satrucharla Vijayarama Raju today met the CM here to discuss the issue.
Ganta and Erasu later met Governor ESL Narasimhan at Raj Bhavan where they sought to submit their resignations directly to him.
However, the Governor reportedly refused to accept the resignations saying he would consider receiving them only if the letters were forwarded to him by the CM.
"We want to take an active part in the ongoing agitation for a unified state, but as ministers, we can`t be confined to only one region.
"So, we wanted our resignations to be accepted first," Ganta and Erasu told reporters after their meeting with the Governor.
The CM told the ministers that they would soon go to New Delhi to inform the Congress high command about the strong public movement for a "unified" state and exert pressure on the Centre to stall the bifurcation.
"We can take a decision on resignations after that," he reportedly told his ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt