Telangana issue: Vijayamma to undertake indefinite fast in Guntur
Vijayawada: YSR Congress Party honorary president Y S Vijayalakshmi will begin her indefinite fast in Guntur on Monday to protest Centre`s decision to carve out separate Telangana from Andhra Pradesh, party sources said here on Sunday.
Vijayamma had earlier planned to undertake the fast in Vijayawada. However, since the police authorities did not give permission to the party saying that the election code of conduct was in force in the district, they said.
"The election code of conduct is in force in Krishna district for the Avanigadda assembly bypolls. Therefore, Vijayawada Police Commissioner denied the permission and asked the party to change the venue," sources said.
Later, when the partymen approached the Election Commission, who asked them to follow the Police Commissioner`s orders.
Following this, the YSR Congress Party decided to shift the fast venue to Guntur, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan