Telangana: TRS president Chandrasekhar Rao meets Digvijay Singh
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president K Chandrasekhar Rao today held talks with Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh who is in-charge of party affairs in Andhra Pradesh, about a possible merger or alliance between the two parties.
The development came on a day when the TRS president also met Congress president Sonia Gandhi in New Delhi and thanked her for ensuring the passage of the Telengana Bill in Parliament.
Talking to reporters after his meeting with Sonia Gandhi, TRS chief Rao had said that he would talk to Digvijay Singh about the possibility of the two parties coming together.
In a statement issued here tonight, TRS said that its leader K Keshav Rao, who used to be Andhra Pradesh state Congress president earlier, was also present during the hour long talks in New Delhi.
The release also said that the TRS president plans to return to Hyderabad from Delhi on February 26.
Speculation has been rife that the TRS would either merge with the Congress or at least form an alliance with the party in the wake of the Telangana Bill being passed in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'