Telangana: TRS president Chandrasekhar Rao meets Digvijay Singh
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president K Chandrasekhar Rao today held talks with Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh who is in-charge of party affairs in Andhra Pradesh, about a possible merger or alliance between the two parties.
The development came on a day when the TRS president also met Congress president Sonia Gandhi in New Delhi and thanked her for ensuring the passage of the Telengana Bill in Parliament.
Talking to reporters after his meeting with Sonia Gandhi, TRS chief Rao had said that he would talk to Digvijay Singh about the possibility of the two parties coming together.
In a statement issued here tonight, TRS said that its leader K Keshav Rao, who used to be Andhra Pradesh state Congress president earlier, was also present during the hour long talks in New Delhi.
The release also said that the TRS president plans to return to Hyderabad from Delhi on February 26.
Speculation has been rife that the TRS would either merge with the Congress or at least form an alliance with the party in the wake of the Telangana Bill being passed in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city