Telangana: TRS president Chandrasekhar Rao meets Digvijay Singh
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president K Chandrasekhar Rao today held talks with Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh who is in-charge of party affairs in Andhra Pradesh, about a possible merger or alliance between the two parties.
The development came on a day when the TRS president also met Congress president Sonia Gandhi in New Delhi and thanked her for ensuring the passage of the Telengana Bill in Parliament.
Talking to reporters after his meeting with Sonia Gandhi, TRS chief Rao had said that he would talk to Digvijay Singh about the possibility of the two parties coming together.
In a statement issued here tonight, TRS said that its leader K Keshav Rao, who used to be Andhra Pradesh state Congress president earlier, was also present during the hour long talks in New Delhi.
The release also said that the TRS president plans to return to Hyderabad from Delhi on February 26.
Speculation has been rife that the TRS would either merge with the Congress or at least form an alliance with the party in the wake of the Telangana Bill being passed in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report