Telangana would soon be a reality: Rajanarasimha
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister C Damodar Rajanarasimha today expressed confidence that separate Telangana state would be formed soon even as the Legislative Assembly rejected the AP Reorganisation Bill-2013.
"2014 is a historical year for Telangana people. The dream of Telangana is going to come true. The debate on draft Telangana bill has ended. Now, it will go to the President," Rajanarasimha, who hails from Telangana, told reporters here.
He criticised Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy for allegedly playing politics over the Bill without even caring for the interests of the Seemandhra region.
"We condemn the claims being made in media that we have stopped the Bill by voice vote and that Telangana would not come. The CM`s group claims to have succeeded. Such statements are funny and unwise," he said.
The Andhra Pradesh Assembly today passed by voice vote a resolution moved by the Chief Minister rejecting the AP Reorganisation Bill-2013 which entails creation of separate Telangana state.
Rajanarasimha had earlier slammed the "government resolution" sought to be moved by the Chief Minister without consulting the council of ministers from Telangana region, including himself, which he said is highly objectionable and against the spirit of collective responsibility.
"Under the Constitution, the government means `the council of ministers` and no individual minister, including the Chief Minister, can call himself the government," he had said.
He had earlier led a group of Telangana ministers to the Assembly Speaker and also the Chairman of Legislative Council, underlining that the resolution under the said notice is a subversion of the constitutional process provided under Article 3.
He had demanded that the notice for resolution seeking quashing of the Bill be rejected by the presiding officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened