Telugu Desam Party suspends yet another MLA
Hyderabad: Principal opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP) today suspended another MLA, Taneti Vanita, for indulging in "anti-party" activities.
Vanita, MLA from Gopalapuram in West Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, is the second legislator after Praveen Kumar Reddy of Tamballapalli in Chittoor district to be suspended from the party in the last two days.
Praveen had met YSR Congress president and Kadapa MP Jaganmohan Reddy in the Chanchalguda prison here yesterday. He was then suspended from the TDP. His joining the YSR Congress is now a formality.
The Gopalapuram legislator had recently criticised the TDP leadership for "ignoring" her because she was a Dalit and announced she was ready to quit the Chandrababu Naidu-led party.
With her political mentor and former TDP MLA Krishna Babu joining the YSR Congress, it was expected that Vanita would follow suit. YSR Congress sources said Vanita would join the fledgling outfit on November 4.
Against this backdrop, the TDP issued a statement today announcing suspension of the first-time MLA for "anti-party" activities.
TDP sources said the party might soon press for disqualification of both Praveen and Vanita as legislators for overstepping the party line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi