Transit warrant issued in Mecca Masjid blast case
Hyderabad: A city court has issued Prisoners
Transit warrant against two Ajmer blast suspects after the CBI
filed a petition seeking to examine the duo, presently in
judicial remand in Rajasthan, in connection with the 2007
Mecca Masjid blasts that occurred here.
The CBI, which is also probing the Mecca Masjid blast, in
which five persons lost their lives on May 18, 2007, had
registered a case on June 9, 2007 under various sections of
IPC and Unlawful Activities Prevention Act against unknown
persons and took up investigations in connection with the
recovery of an unexploded bomb inside the mosque premises.
During course of investigation, the roles of Sandeep
Dange and Ramchandar K (both natives of Indore in Madhya
Pradesh) and Devendra Gupta and Lokesh Sharma emerged. Their
links with Hindu outfits were also established, the CBI said
in a memo filed before the Additional Chief Metropolitan
Magistrate Court yesterday.
It also sought the court`s permission to add the names of
the accused in the FIR for conducting further investigations.
Out of the four accused, the first two are absconding and
Gupta and Sharma are presently under judicial remand in the
Central Jail, Ajmer.
The CBI petition sought to produce Devendra Gupta and
Lokesh Sharma on Prisoners Transit (PT) warrant after which
the court issued the PT production warrant against the duo to
produce them before the court.
Investigation/examination of Devendra Gupta and Lokesh
Sharma is very much essential to establish the conspiracy
links behind the blasts at Mecca Masjid and also to know the
whereabouts of other accused, the CBI said in its petition.
Meanwhile, CBI (Hyderabad region) DIG V V Lakshmi
Narayana, told PTI that a CBI team led by DIG Ashok Tiwari
from New Delhi, is in Hyderabad as part of further
investigations into the Mecca Masjid blast case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister