TRS bandh call evokes partial response in Sangared
Sangareddy: The Medak district bandh call given by the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) in protest against the "personal attack" on TRS supremo K Chandrashekhar Rao evoked a partial response in Sangareddy town on Friday.
Local Congress MLA and government whip Jayaprakash Reddy had appealed to the public not to participate in the bandh, which caused tension between Congress and TRS cadre.
Sensing the situation, the police made elaborate security arrangements in the district and deployed nearly 300 police personnel at sensitive points.
However, two buses were burnt in Sangareddy by unknown miscreants in the wee hours between 2 am and 3 am, which is being investigating by the police. No other untoward incident was reported in the district.
The police also arrested nearly 500 activists of the TRS and Congress.
Senior TRS MLA Harish Rao staged dharna before the Siddipet bus depot with his supporters after which the police arrested him and took him to the police station.
Dharnas were organised at Dubbak, Gajwel, Medak, Narayankhed, Sangareddy and Zaheerabad bus stations after which the police arrested agitators.
Due to the bandh, business establishments, shops, petrol pumps and cinema theatres remained closed and the district bus service was paralysed in some parts of district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31