TRS bandh call evokes partial response in Sangared
Sangareddy: The Medak district bandh call given by the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) in protest against the "personal attack" on TRS supremo K Chandrashekhar Rao evoked a partial response in Sangareddy town on Friday.
Local Congress MLA and government whip Jayaprakash Reddy had appealed to the public not to participate in the bandh, which caused tension between Congress and TRS cadre.
Sensing the situation, the police made elaborate security arrangements in the district and deployed nearly 300 police personnel at sensitive points.
However, two buses were burnt in Sangareddy by unknown miscreants in the wee hours between 2 am and 3 am, which is being investigating by the police. No other untoward incident was reported in the district.
The police also arrested nearly 500 activists of the TRS and Congress.
Senior TRS MLA Harish Rao staged dharna before the Siddipet bus depot with his supporters after which the police arrested him and took him to the police station.
Dharnas were organised at Dubbak, Gajwel, Medak, Narayankhed, Sangareddy and Zaheerabad bus stations after which the police arrested agitators.
Due to the bandh, business establishments, shops, petrol pumps and cinema theatres remained closed and the district bus service was paralysed in some parts of district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda